20 April 2011

the few things I'm thinking

One of the few things I don't like in the morning is a bright shining sun. And that, my friends, from someone who generally in the morning wakes up in a good mood. I couldn't help turn on my computer and write the feeling I had about this morning. This might get me late at work but I'm already going there one hour earlier so that just gives me a feeling of doing something right and productive.

My final paper for the master program goes well, not great, but I'm writing bits by bits every day. Not my favourite way of working, but one has to adapt. You see, what I just wrote here doesn't even sound like me. I'd complain about so many things in the past and I'd blame so many people for things which were actually the mere result of my own actions. It took me time to learn this new way of seeing things and I'm only half way now, but I know that the first step was acknowledging that one can and should change.

That's why today I'm having a healthy breakfast every morning, that's why I'm reading so much more and from a different perspective and that's why I try to keep my focus on the very present. But as I said, this change is far from being complete because it never ends. You only become a better person than the day before. And, of course, sometimes you might become a not so better person when someone upsets you or you get angry or sad but that's when you have to deal with a not so happy event or experience in a different manner: will this matter in a year from now? will this matter in five years? the answer is, most of the time, NO, it won't matter, it will be long forgotten history. Then, my dear friends, why struggle in the present?

Now, I'm reading, writing and sometimes translating a lot of articles about how to become a stronger person. I found these questions yesterday and it's 50 of them but you can read them all on the source page (I didn't want to make this long post even longer). They help us see things clearly just because these are the right questions to ask. The questions we never ask in fact.


  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back?
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
  22. Why are you, you?
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
  25. What are you most grateful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.




îmi ţin fericirea în buzunare, în zeci de buzunare cusute pe dos.

My photo
scriu pentru mine, ca să cresc mare